Phnom Penh: French Xavier Robino commits suicide by hanging.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: French Xavier Robino commits suicide by hanging.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:46 pm

The incident happened on February 2 2017 in a house which is situated in Street 118, Phsar Chas commune, Daun Penh district.

The victim has been identified as 51-year-old French Xavier Robino.

Presently the victim's body has been kept at the morgue of the Russian Hospital.

RIP

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Phnom Penh: French Xavier Robino commits suicide by hanging.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:12 pm

His motives are not clear.

The incident (?) happened on February 2 2017 at 6AM at a rental house situated along Street 188 (other sources say 118), Village 7, Phsar Chas commune, Daun Penh district, Phnom Penh.

According to 27-year-old Veng Sreyoun, a tenant at the house where the incident happened:
The victim started renting the room on November 1 2016.
On February 2 2017 she studied English at home until 11.30PM.
Suddenly blood dripped from the ceiling. She informed the landlord to take a look in the victim's room. They/the landlord found the victim, who hanged himself, in a decomposed state.

A coroner and police experts concluded that the victim died by suicide.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:56 pm

^^ Double-checked and must be Street 118.

theonlya
Handle with care.

Postby theonlya » Thu May 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Xavier was a long time friend. It is a devastating news. For anyone who just like stumbled on this news, if you knew Xavier well, I created a Facebook group, to honour Xavier one last time. Sudo funerals. So we can all honour him and grieve: https://www.facebook.com/groups/716313235160520

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Return to “Cambodia in the News”