Siem Reap: Fake Jack Daniel's whiskey confiscated at Angkor Mini Mart.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Siem Reap: Fake Jack Daniel's whiskey confiscated at Angkor Mini Mart.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:57 am

On November 19 2016 the provincial Anti-Economic Crime Police and representatives of the company Jack Daniel's, led by the deputy prosecutor of the Provincial Court, confiscated 24 bottles of fake Jack Daniel's whiskey at 3 different places in Siem Reap city after customers criticized the company for fake alcohol (whiskey) sold on the market.

Last edited by Loy9 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Siem Reap: Fake Jack Daniel's whiskey confiscated at 3 locations in Siem Reap city.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:09 am

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Siem Reap: Fake Jack Daniel's whiskey confiscated at Angkor Mini Mart.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Update on this:

On November 22 2016 a representative of the company Jack Daniel's said that the seized bottles aren't fake but that they are not imported by his company (doesn't contain a stamp) which received the exclusive import rights.

The owner of the mini mart bought them from companies who sold them without receiving authorization from the company Sinatra International.

According to the owner of the mini mart the 24 bottles belonged to an old batch which dated from before the day he started buying from Sinatra International.
He decided to empty his old stock first and informed Sinatra International accordingly; the Siem Reap branch agreed with this.
After a meeting a the police office they agreed on selling the old stock first.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Return to “Cambodia in the News”