Siem Reap: French Michael Fernandez arrested on marijuana charges.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Siem Reap: French Michael Fernandez arrested on marijuana charges.

Postby Loy9 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:15 pm

On May 16 2017 at 1.30 (AM or PM) the Anti-Drug department in collaboration with the Protection (defense) and Intervention police and the Heritage Protection department ( :?: ) of the Provincial Police cracked down on a case of storage and use of illegal drugs (marijuana) in Mondul 1 village, Svay Dangkum commune, Siem Reap city.

A 36-year-old French accountant born in Paris but living in Pietrosella on Corsica, identified as Michael Fernandez, has been arrested.
He tested negative for drug use.

The police confiscated one bag with marijuana weighing 0,71gr ( :?: ), one mobile phone and one passport.

The man was sent to the Court on the same day.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Re: Siem Reap: French Michael Fernandez arrested on marijuana charges.

Postby Enfrappe » Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

I'll be most interested to see more about how this career-making epic bust went down. :roll:

That's one piddling little bag of weedthey've arrested him for and by the sounds of it the poor bastard didn't even get to stick any in his system to fail the drugs test. :rofl: Or maybe the weed was such poor quality it didn't register on the test.

Was he grassed up? :lol: Or was he part of a sting which sometimes catches people out?

Yobbo
Handle with care.

Postby Yobbo » Wed May 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Pathetic! A city full of meth freaks & they bust this guy.
What was he going to do, steal someones mars bar.
Mustn't of paid the tea money!
Makes an absolute joke of the Cambodian police force!!!

Enfrappe

Postby Enfrappe » Wed May 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Postby Loy9 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:52 am

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Enfrappe

Postby Enfrappe » Thu May 18, 2017 2:24 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:37 pm

I didn't mention the 2 other cases because I think they're not related to each other. (the 3 cases were reported in different articles)
But anyways.

Case 2:
On May 16 2017 at 7.30PM Anti-drug department in collaboration with the Intervention Police and Administrative Police of Svay Dangkum cracked down on illegal drug consumption in Mondul 2 village, Svay Dangkum commune, Siem Reap city and arrested 2 suspects:
1. Muat Veasnea, 19YO, jobless, living in Veal village, Kok Chak commune, Siem Reap. He tested positive for drugs.
2. Som Phan, 17YO, jobless, living in Veal village, Kok Chak commune, Siem Reap. He tested positive for drugs.

The police confiscated one sword, one mobile phone and one motorbike.

Case 3:
On May 16 2017 at 2(AM or PM) the Anti-drug department in collaboration with the Intervention Police cracked down on illegal drug storage and trafficking in Mondul 1 village, Svay Dangkum commune, Siem Reap city and arrested a 19-years-old suspect identified as Sun Rasmey aka Sruay, living in Sala Kansaeng village, Svay Dangkum commune, Siem Reap city. He tested positive for drugs.

The police confiscated 4 plastic bags containing crystal-meth (ice), weighing 0.6grams, and one mobile phone.

FYI: Mondul 1 village is Pub Street area.

Enfrappe

Postby Enfrappe » Thu May 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks for the clarification. So case 1 (French guy) and case 3 (the single offender) were nicked in more or less the same location at more or less the same time. The other pair were nicked elsewhere some hours earlier or later. I wouldn't be too surprised to learn the first two arrests were connected.

I'd also not be surprised to discover that the other pair either grassed up the third or vice versa meaning he grassed them. :lol: No honour amongst druggies and criminals when five-0 comes calling.

Return to “Cambodia in the News”