Phnom Penh: 59YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: 59YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Last edited by Loy9 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Phnom Penh: 55YO American Ken Kramre missing after falling into the river.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Postby Enfrappe » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:38 am

This guy is a well-known expat, Kenneth Cramer, the proprietor of Canby Publications. Tragic thing to happen, he was a well loved and greatly respected man. :rip:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:45 am

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 55YO American Kenneth Cramer missing after falling into the river.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:19 am

Video

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 55YO American Kenneth Cramer missing after falling into the river.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:16 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 am

To be exact:

They write that the victim fell into the water because:

មេឃភ្លៀង ស្របចំមានចំណោទ ពេលដើរចុះ ក៏រអិលជើងធ្លាក់ចូលទឹកទន្លេតែម្តង (rain coincided precisely with having a slope at the time get off so slipped fell into entered the river)

I translated this as "fell into the water because the rain made the gangway slippery".

I just notice that these boats have an inclined foredeck (see below) so my assumption that the victim slipped on the gangway could be wrong. It could also be that he slipped on the inclined wooden foredeck of the boat.

Anyhow, the un-boarding process looks extremely unsafe and confusing IMHO.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:44 am

Return to “Cambodia in the News”