Importing a motorbike into Cambodia.

For all your Cambodia related questions; simple or complex. Ask it here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Importing a motorbike into Cambodia.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:24 pm

Recently I received a question about the cost to import a motorbike into Cambodia.

I'm still looking for the import tax rates and the special tax tariffs for motorbikes but below I'll already attach the document which the General Department of Customs and Excise will issue after paying the total duties and taxes.
This document is needed prior to register the motorbike in Cambodia.

As you can see the total cost includes the import tax (COP), the special tariff (SOP) and VOP.

Total Duties and Taxes = Import Taxes (COP) + Special Tariff (SOP) + VOP
Import Taxes (COP) = Customs Value x Import Tax Rate
Special Tariff (SOP) = (Customs Value + import Tax) x Special Tariff Rate
VOP = (Customs Value + Import Tax + Special Tariif) x 10%

In the example below it concerns a 125CC motorbike valued at 1442USD. (Customs Value!)
According to the document the Import Tax Rate (for this motorbike) was 15%, the Special Tariff Rate was 15% and the VAT 10%.

I'll try to find the Custom Values/Import Tax Rate and the Special Tariff Rate for other motorbikes too; to be continued.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Return to “Cambodia Q&A”