Kampong Cham: Drunken husband sets his wife ablaze with petrol.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kampong Cham: Drunken husband sets his wife ablaze with petrol.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:17 pm

According to

A drunken husband sets his wife ablaze because of jealousy.

Kampong Cham
The woman's first husband died after eating toxic fish. The second husband is an alcoholic. While drunken he's always jealous and often uses violence.
The incident happened at 7AM on January 7 2016 in Phum Roang Kraom (​រអាង​ក្រោម), Khum Roang (រអាង), Kampong Siam (​កំពង់សៀម​) District, Kampong Cham Province.

The victim is 46 years old and living at the place of the incident. After the incident she was transported to the Provincial Hospital of Kampong Cham for treatment. The husband is 46 years old. It's not clear where he comes from. After the incident he fled the scene.

According to neighbors: In the morning of January 7 2016 the wife and her son went cutting grass. Suddenly at 7AM they noticed the (second) husband with to bottles filled with petrol which he poured over his wife and used a lighter to set her ablaze. Immediately the son of the victim and people from neighboring plantations tried to help the victim by fighting the fire and bring the victim to the hospital.

The husband fled the scene. 3 to 4 years ago the first husband of the victim died after eating fish with beer. After his death the widow lived together with her son. 2 or 3 years after his death she met a widower (the people don't know where he comes from or his address) and they started living together.

According to the police they are still searching the suspect. In the afternoon he was still not found.\

According to the old saying ("ឈើ​កោង​វ​ល្លិ៍​ព័ទ្ធ​ មនុស្ស​ ខ្ចាត់ព្រាត់​ កុំ​យក​ខ្លួន​បៀត​”) "stay away from people you don't know".
However, the suspect who left his district and whose background is vague, came live together with the widow but they never had good times together. The suspect is an alcoholic who's always drinking and fighting with his wife because he's a jealous person.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Kampong Cham: Drunken husband sets his wife ablaze with petrol.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:21 am

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:37 am

According to

The suspect was found dead at 300meters from the place of the incident: suicide.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:46 pm

According to

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:23 am

Return to “Cambodia in the News”