Siem Reap: Archaeological researchers unearth giant ancient statue dating from the reign of Jayavarman II.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Siem Reap: Archaeological researchers unearth giant ancient statue dating from the reign of Jayavarman II.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:05 pm

On July 30 2017 archaeological researchers of the Apsara National Authority, the University of Technology and the Southeast Asian Research Institute of Singapore discovered a big Bayon-styled statue at the Tonle Snguot Hospital-site (dating from the reign of Jayavarman II) 1km North of Angkor Thom city.

The statue was discovered when researches were looking into the relation between a canal in front of the hospital and the hospital structure.

The statue will be sent to Preah Nordodom Sihanouk-Angkor museum (in Siem Reap).

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Siem Reap: Archaeological researchers unearth giant ancient statue dating from the reign of Jayavarman II.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Return to “Cambodia in the News”