Kampong Chnang: Taxi driver shot to death during possible robbery.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kampong Chnang: Taxi driver shot to death during possible robbery.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 am

The victim, a 43-year-old father of four from Pursat's Pteah Prey district, was shot in the head by (an) unknown gunm(a)(e)n.
His body was found on July 16 2017 around 7.30PM in Kampong Chnang's Rolea B'ier district.

The suspect(s) fled with the victim's black Toyota Highlander (Phnom Penh 2J-1125).

The incident happened while taking (a) customer(s) from Phnom Penh to Pursat province.

The victim borrowed 10K USD from a MFI in Siem Reap province to buy the car.

Police are investigating the case. They found 6 cans of beer at the incident scene; some of them still unopened.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Kampong Chnang: Taxi driver shot to death during possible robbery.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:02 am

3 suspects has been arrested;
-Paen Sokhon, 35, living in a rental house in Russey Keo's Tuol Sangkae commune, Phnom Penh. (the gunman)
-Sovann Uttam aka Adom, 27, living in Kampong Chnang's Rolea B'ier district/commune.
-Wa Dyma aka Ma, 19, living in Pursat's Phnom Krovan district. (the man who booked the taxi)

The police confiscated a handgun (Rolo) and the victim's car, a Toyota Highlander.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Return to “Cambodia in the News”