Takhmoa: Employee at internet shop brutally stabbed to death in bathroom.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Takhmoa: Employee at internet shop brutally stabbed to death in bathroom.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 pm

The incident happened in the bathroom of an internet shop, called NET, in Takhmao 1 village, Takhmao commune/city, Kandal province on July 2 2017 at 4.51PM.

The killer, an unidentified man, used a small knife to stab his victim 12 times. (on top of the victim's left eyebrow, 3x right side of his chest, left hand palm and 7x his back)

The victim has been identified as Rot Puttha (រ័ត្ន ពុទ្ថា), a 21-year-old employee serving and living at the place where the incident happened and born in Kampong Speu's Kong Pisey's district (Sdok commune).

The suspect fled the scene; the police is looking for him.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Takhmoa: Employee at internet shop brutally stabbed to death in bathroom.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:36 pm

Some sources are reporting that the suspect lured his victim into the bathroom by telling him that there was a problem with the toilet.
After killing the victim and leaving the bathroom the suspect told a witness, who heard noise leaving from the bathroom, that the victim fell inside the room and hit his head.
Before fleeing the scene the suspect, carrying a knife, also told the witness that he offered the victim a piece of cloth to stop the bleeding.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:15 am

The killer is a pale-skinned man around 20 years old, wearing a long-sleeve pink shirt and black pants. He was also carrying a black bag.

According to an 18-year-old witness, playing games at the shop, and CCTV-footage:
The suspect entered the shop to play games on computer No.7.
When the suspect entered the toilet he called the victim twice and told him that the toilet was blocked. The victim followed the suspect into the bathroom. (The witness) heard the victim screaming (Don't do, don't do).
After that the suspect called the witness to the bathroom and told him that the victim fell and hit his head. The victim didn't enter the bathroom but ran outside ask the security and neighbors for help.

The suspect fled the scene; he ran along the road southbound.

The victim's body has been handed over to his family.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:21 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:22 am

CCTV-footage (witness with the cap and suspect with the pink shirt)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:16 pm

On the evening of July 3 2017 a suspect was arrested at his father's house in Siem Reap province.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Victim

Suspect

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:59 am

Police identified the suspect as Ung Chan Ratanah, a 25-year-old vendor at Takhmao market and born in Mittapheap commune, 7 Makara district, Phnom Penh but currently living in Ta Nou village, Chak Angre Leu commune, Meanchey district, Phnom Penh.

The police confiscated 1 SIM-card, a Samsung mobile phone, 220USD, 300,000KHR (75USD), a brown handbag, a pawn ticket for a motorbike, an ID-card and a Suzuki Smash Revo motorbike.

The suspect confessed.

His motives: The victim 'played' internet and lost 1,100USD in total. He killed the victim to take (the) money back but didn't succeed because (the victim) locked away the money. ( :?: កេះលុយ ជាប់សោរ)

After the murder he left the knife behind in a guest house in Chak Angre Kraom commune, Meanchey district, Phnom Penh.

The suspect was handed over to the police of Kandal province on July 3 2017 around 7PM.

Note: Some sources are reporting that the suspect was arrested at a parking of Rith Mony in Siem Reap, Chong Kasou village, Slok Raam commune.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:21 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Return to “Cambodia in the News”