Takhmoa: Employee at internet shop brutally stabbed to death in bathroom.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Takhmoa: Employee at internet shop brutally stabbed to death in bathroom.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:46 pm

The suspect is a former Chinese and English language teacher at Heng Tong School in Takhmao.

Previously he stayed in the USA for one year but returned to marry.

He and his wife together have one son.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:12 am

The suspect is a gambling addict; a few days before the murder he pawned his parent's motorbike for 1100USD. He gambled away all the money at the internet shop where the incident happened but planned a robbery to steal the money and to buy the motorbike back.
At Takhmao market the suspect bought a kitchen knife, a meat cleaver and some clothes.
Back at the internet shop he lured the victim into the bathroom and stabbed him in his back.

He didn't manage to steal money because the drawer containing the money was closed.

Finally he fled and spent the night at M'Lob Leap guest house in Chak Angre commune.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:20 pm

The suspect was sent to the Prosecutor's office of the Kandal Provincial Court in the afternoon of July 5 2017.

Below some pictures from yesterday's press conference and police re-enactement at the guest house in Phnom Penh.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Sent to pre-trial detention after being charged with 'Premeditated Murder' under Art.200 of the Penal Code.

The suspect's gambling addiction led to the murder; he tested negative for drugs.

Return to “Cambodia in the News”