Siem Reap: Hospital employee arrested on molestation charges.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Siem Reap: Hospital employee arrested on molestation charges.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Police arrested an employee of Angkor Sante Polyclinic (Banteay Chas village, Slokraam commune, Siem Reap) who, according to the victim's complaint, hugged, kissed (and) wanted to (sexually) violate (her).

Police identified the suspect as a 24-year-old employee of Angkor Sante Polyclinic, and arrested him on June 15 2017 at 4.30PM at the clinic on charges of molesting a woman.
The victim is a 21-year-old clothes seller at a fashion shop and living in Sala Komreuk commune, Siem Reap.

The victim was hospitalized on June 13 2017 at 8.30PM. On June 15 2017 at 3.30AM the suspect allegedly entered the victim's room on the 1st floor. First they had a small chat together. After that the suspect closed the door, closed the light and took a nap on a folding bed at the foot of the victim's bed.
Not much later he crawled into the victim's bed and started molesting her.

In the morning the suspect left (went back home).
Police arrested him in the afternoon.

The suspect admitted that he touched the victim's face, cheeks and neck with his hand and that he also hugged the victim.
He declared that he fell in love with the victim after seeing her.

The case will be sent to the Court.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Siem Reap: Hospital employee arrested on molestation charges.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 pm

From the victims FB-page:

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 am

There's definitely more to this story than meets the eye. TBC...

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Yesterday evening the Investigating Judge of the Siem Reap Provincial Court decided to temporarily detain the 24-year-old employee (some sources say doctor) after being charged under Art.246 of the Criminal Code. (Acts of Immodest:All acts of immodest of any kind whatsoever, committed on any person by violence, coercion, threat or by surprise is punishable by an imprisonment of between 1 (one) and 3 (three) years and a fine of between 2,000,000 (two million) Riels and 6,000,000 (six million) Riels)

The accused was arrested by the police on June 15 2017 around 4PM at Angkor Santé Polyclinic after a 21-year-old patient filed a complaint against him.

The accused partly confessed to the woman's allegations but told the police that he had no intentions to rape the alleged victim.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:39 pm

On the social media there are many doubts about the true circumstances surrounding the incident.

and

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:58 pm

According to Keo Chilo (on Facebook): Hours before the incident the accused told a security guard that a patient asked for his telephone number to accompany her during the night.
The security guard told him to take care but he didn't listen and replied that nothing would happen.
The alleged victim called him around 3AM, asked him for a massage of her hands and feet and asked him to sleep on a folding bed; the rest is history.

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Postby Enfrappe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 am

Well at the very least he is guilty of breathtakingly bad judgement. He may well have done nothing that warrants criminal charges but he really has left himself wide open for a false accusation, if that is what she has done. :roll:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:35 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:38 pm

The alleged victim withdrew her complaint; at least according to a Facebook-post from [url=http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/pm-sacks-‘old-gangster’]disbarred lawyer and 'old gangster'[/url] .

She's only demanding a public confession.

'

Return to “Cambodia in the News”