Kratie: 15-year-old girl murdered; 25-year-old man one arrested.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kratie: 15-year-old girl murdered; 25-year-old man one arrested.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:14 pm

The murder happened when the victim, who was alone, crossed a forest, 1km from the village, on her way to school.
The victim lived in Khnach village, Thmey commune, Chet Borei district, Kratie province.

The arrest happened on June 12 2017 at 2PM in Khnach village, Thmey commune, Chet Borei district, Kratie province.

According to a young boy who accompanied the suspect to look for orchids in the forest:
They met the victim around 1PM along a road and the suspect asked the victim to have a chat. The young boy was not interested in the chat and left. After a while he saw the suspect and victim discussing with each other and the suspect dragged the victim into the forest. The young boy became scared and walked away.
Afterwards the suspect told him not to talk to others about the incident.
The suspect told the siblings of the victim that somebody stabbed their sister.
The victim's siblings informed the village chief and police; they found the victim alive but unable to speak. She died when arriving home.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Kratie: 15-year-old girl murdered; 25-year-old man one arrested.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Some media outlets are reporting that it was a rape attempt; he killed his victim to silence her.
He reportedly killed her with an axe.

The suspect confessed.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Kratie: 15-year-old girl murdered; 25-year-old man one arrested.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Other outlets are saying that the victim hid herself (waited in ambush) to surprise (the suspect and his companion) but the suspect was scared/surprised and lashed out with an axe. The victim collapsed. The suspect panicked and dragged her in the forest and continued assaulting her with the intention "to conceal evidence".

Return to “Cambodia in the News”