Phnom Penh: Australian James Ricketson hauled in for taking aerial pics with drone.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: Australian James Ricketson hauled in for taking aerial pics with drone.

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:25 pm

In the afternoon of June 3 2017 an Australian man was arrested by the police in Daun Penh district after launching a drone equipped with a camera and (after) taking several pics (which is against the law) in order to propagate these pics internationally.

The man has been identified as 68-year-old James Ricketson. He reportedly kept his ID, passport and place of residence hidden for the police.

To maintain safety during the upcoming commune elections the police arrested the man to investigate (the case) and take legal action (against him).

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Phnom Penh: Australian James Ricketson hauled in for taking aerial pics with drone.

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:50 pm

TVFB says on suspicion of espionage during election time. (illegally collect news to propagate internationally without permission from the competent authorities)

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: Australian James Ricketson hauled in for taking aerial pics with drone.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:49 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:15 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Sent to the Municipal Court by the general Department of Immigration (MoI) in the morning of June 7 2017.
In the afternoon he was still being questioned.

Local media are calling him 'a foreigner who always has been following the CNRP'.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Charged for 'Acts of Collecting Information which May Undermine National Defence' under Art.446 of the Criminal Code which is punishable by an imprisonment from 5 (five) years to 10 (ten) years.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Return to “Cambodia in the News”