Phnom Penh: Another industrial steam boiler explodes; 2 dead and several others injured. (update)

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: Another industrial steam boiler explodes; 2 dead and several others injured. (update)

Postby Loy9 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:40 pm

One security guard was killed and 2 other persons were seriously injured after a steam boiler exploded on April 8 2017 at 11.50AM (in a factory) situated along Street 371 in Group 14, Russey village, Steung Meanchey commune, Meanchey district, Phnom Penh.

According to a district official:
One male security guard died in the incident; a woman suffered 2 broken legs and a man suffered one broken leg.
The victims aren't identified yet.

The incident happened during the workers' break time.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Phnom Penh: Another industrial steam boiler explodes; one dead and 2 seriously injured.

Postby Loy9 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Link to the other incident .

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: Another industrial steam boiler explodes; one dead and 2 seriously injured.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:29 am

The latest reports say 2 persons dead (a 26-year-old male security guard who was born in Pursat province and a 61-year-old female cleaner who died on her way to Russian Hospital) and 5 persons injured.
The incident happened at a garment factory, (partly) Chinese owned.

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: Another industrial steam boiler explodes; 2 dead and several others injured. (update)

Postby Loy9 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:55 am

The garment printing factory reportedly started operations on April 1 2017.
The factory's female co-owner was arrested for questioning.

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: Another industrial steam boiler explodes; 2 dead and several others injured. (update)

Postby Loy9 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:33 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:07 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Return to “Cambodia in the News”