Phnom Penh: 3 dead, 6 injured and driver almost beaten to death as car rams into oncoming traffic.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: 3 dead, 6 injured and driver almost beaten to death as car rams into oncoming traffic.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 pm

2 woman and 1 man have been killed after a Toyota Camry (Phnom Penh 2M-2245), travelling in the wrong direction, crashed into them.
6 other persons have been seriously injured in the accident.

The traffic accident happened on March 27 2017 at 6PM along Monivong Blvd. in Tonle Bassac commune, Chamkar Mon district, Phnom Penh.

According to people living near the place:
Before the accident they saw a man driving a Toyota Camry in the wrong direction and at high speed.
People already spotted him speeding at Phsar Deum Kor market.

After the accident the driver of the Toyota Camry was assaulted by an angry mob; they dragged him out of his vehicle and almost beat him to death.
He was carried away from the scene by the police and taken to the police commissariat of Chamkar Mon.

Afterwards he was rushed to the Russian Hospital to be rescued.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Phnom Penh: 3 dead, 6 injured and driver almost beaten to death as car rams into oncoming traffic.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:55 pm

The car was driving southbound.
The 2 woman who died in the accident were reportedly twin-sisters.

The driver of the Toyota has been identified as Meas Sokh Heng, a 30-year-old phone seller from Tuol Roka village, Chak Angre Kraom commune, Meanchey district, Phnom Penh.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 3 dead, 6 injured and driver almost beaten to death as car rams into oncoming traffic.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Some local media are reporting that the driver of the car was in a drunken state and that the incident happened in front of Sathapana Bank which is in Phsar Deum Thkov commune (instead of Tonle Bassac commune).

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Video-footage from immediately after the accident. (Graphic Warning)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:41 pm

:shock: (Graphic Warning)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:58 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:08 pm

The police report:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:54 pm

The condition of the man who caused the accident is still critical. There's not much hope he'll survive; he's suffering a fractured skull and a bleeding in the brain.

Regarding the victims who died in the accident:
One of the women planned to marry in one month. The other woman planned to return to Korea in 5 days (as a worker). Both victims were reportedly in-laws.
The man who died in the accident was an uncle of the female victims.
The 3 victims returned from collecting mangos at the victim's future mother-in-law. The accident happened 300m from their home(s).

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 pm

According to these pictures it looks like 2 of the victims were husband and wife. (instead of uncle/niece)
They're leaving behind 2 children.
The police report tells me that the 3 victims were travelling on the same motorbike, a Honda Dream.

Return to “Cambodia in the News”