Phnom Penh: Floorer robbed and killed at Eastone International Apartment; 2 arrested.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: Floorer robbed and killed at Eastone International Apartment; 2 arrested.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Phnom Penh: Floorer robbed and killed at Eastone International Apartment; 2 arrested.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Below one of both suspects who brought the victim to the hospital on board of a tuk-tuk.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: Floorer robbed and killed at Eastone International Apartment; 2 arrested.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:21 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:55 pm

Both were charged with murder and the use of illegal drugs under art. 200 of the Criminal Code and art.40 of the Law on Drugs.

The 2 accused admitted during a hearing in the afternoon of June 29 2017 that they strangled the victim to death and dropped his body from the 4th floor.
At the evening of the incident the victim drank (alcohol) and smoked drugs together with both accused till 11PM.
Around 3AM the accused took a cable/rope, strangled the victim, robbed him of 120USD and dropped his body from the 4th floor; to make it look like an accident they transported the victim's body on board of a tuk tuk to Calmette Hospital where they were arrested by the police.

A verdict is due on July 2 2017.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Both accused, 29 and 32 years old, were sentenced to life imprisonment on the afternoon of July 11 2017 for premeditate murder (Art.200) and the use of illegal drugs (Art.45).
The crimes happened on the evening of January 14 2017 at the construction yard of Easton International Apartment located at the corner of Street 51 and 214 in Daun Penh's Boeung Reang commune.

Return to “Cambodia in the News”