186 Reported deaths of foreigners in Cambodia in 2016.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
186 Reported deaths of foreigners in Cambodia in 2016.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:27 pm

As per January 2 2016, 5.30PM local Cambodian time:

A total of 186 foreigners have been reported dead in the local (Khmer) media in 2016; 175 of them have been identified.

Among the 175 identified foreigners who died in the Kingdom of Cambodia in 2016:
* 158 male victims
* 17 female victims

Top 3 Countries
1. United Kingdom: 26 deaths
2. United States: 24 deaths
3. China: 14 deaths

Top 3 Locations
1. Phnom Penh: 62 deaths
2. Sihanoukville: 56 deaths
3. Siem Reap: 20 deaths

The most deadly month was December with 23 fatalities.

The age range where there is the most risk is between 51 and 60-year old with 42 fatalities.

Conclusion: If you are a British man between 51 and 61-year-old and staying in Phnom Penh, please be careful! PoliceIcon AmbulanceIcon

Full details and interactive infographics here:

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Pigbagdog
Are there other sites on the web too?

Re: Reported deaths of foreigners in Cambodia in 2016.

Postby Pigbagdog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 am

I'm pretty sure there was an Irish guy who died in a bike crash sometime earlier this year?

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:33 am

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Postby Enfrappe » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:44 am

Pigbagdog
Are there other sites on the web too?

Postby Pigbagdog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Note: not all data add up.

Below data were issued by the Phnom Penh Municipal Court on January 24 2017:

65 foreigners died (I 'only' recorded 62 of them) and another 10 were injured in 77 different incidents which happened in 2016.
The victims belong to 23 different nationalities.

51 cases of heart-attack
9 cases of illness/disease
6 cases of suicide
1 case of old age
3 case of drug-overdose
1 case of drowning
1 case of explosion of a grenade (ផ្ទុះគ្រាប់បែក)
5 cases of traffic accidents

83 foreigners were arrested in 19 different cases:
54 Chinese nationals
9 Korean nationals
9 Vietnamese nationals
3 American nationals
1 German national
1 Columbian national
1 Icelandic (អាយឡែ) national
1 Canadian national
1 Nigerian national
1 Irish (អៀកឡង់) national
1 Congolese national
1 British national

Arrested for:
Intentional violence: 5 cases, 5 arrests.
Extortion over internet: 2 cases, 35 arrests.
Gambling over internet: 2 cases, 27 arrests.
Drug trafficking: 1 case, 8 arrests.
Theft: 2 cases, 2 arrests.
Drugs use: 1 case, 1 arrest.
Fraud: 1 case, 1 arrest.
Money laundering: 1 case, 1 arrest.
Debauchery: 1 case, 1 arrest.
Human trafficking: 1 case, 1 arrest.
Rape of a minor: 1 case, 1 arrest.

Immigration police arrested 1247 foreigners belonging to 10 different nationalities (among them 276 women) in 108 raids:
1038 Vietnamese nationals (among them 261 women)
196 Chinese nationals (13 women)
4 Filipino nationals (2 women)
3 Bangladeshi nationals
1 Indian national
1 Polish national
1 Nigerian national
1 Korean national
1 American national
1 Thai national

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Return to “Cambodia in the News”