Phnom Penh: 59YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Phnom Penh: 59YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

durian gray
Are there other sites on the web too?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Phnom Penh: 59YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby durian gray » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:48 pm

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Postby Enfrappe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:49 pm

durian gray
Are there other sites on the web too?

Postby durian gray » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Is there news video footage of the aftermath on the night of the accident?

Edit- never mind, found it on page one.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:06 pm

IMHO that gangway shouldn't have been there during the night of the incident; it's useless and making the (dis)embarkment process only more complicated than it already is.
It seems like the boat has 2 exits; one leading straight to the gangway and the other partially obstructed by that red plastic box/container.

Even IF there is a good reason to store it on the bow of the boat I absolutely don't understand why there aren't a couple of chain links at the end of it. One can just walk to the end of it and step/fall into the water.
Rain (possibly in combination with wearing glasses), in a hurry, limited visibility, ... (all assumptions)
Also note the small railing on the bow of the other ship...

I doubt there were any eye-witnesses.

Most 'harbours' have CCTV surveillance on their jetties but I doubt Phnom Penh has...

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Here are some daylight pics of one of the floating jetties taken during the search for the missing victim in the morning of December 8 2016.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:47 am

Another video; here you can see some people who walk from the jetty, over the deck of the ship which is moored in between, to the Cambo Cruise boat.

Video

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:08 pm

A daylight photo of the incident-scene.

Return to “Cambodia in the News”