Phnom Penh: 59YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Phnom Penh: 55YO American Kenneth Cramer missing after falling into the river.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 am

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Phnom Penh: 55YO American Kenneth Cramer missing after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:18 pm

A human body has been spotted floating in the Mekong River close to Koh Pich; at the moment it's not clear if both cases are related to each other.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 55YO American Kenneth Cramer missing after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:30 am

Affirmative.

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 55YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:11 am

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 55YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:46 pm

On December 9 2016 at 7.30AM the police examined the victim's body at the Khmer-Soviet Hospital.

Kenneth Nelson Cramer, DOB 25/02/1957, Michigan, USA.

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 59YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:00 pm

I had a more close look to the written police report posted on page 1:

Contrary to the reports in the newspapers it's the owner of Cambo Cruise who's living in Street 174, Phsar Thmey 3 on not the victim.

The police interviewed Paul Brian, the company's owner, and Saem Kannin (សែម កាន់នីន), the boatman.
According to Paul Brian the boat, sailing under the name Setth Bo (សិទ្ធិ បូណ៏), left the Andaet Pier at 5PM and returned at 7PM. All passengers left the boat apart from 5 who stayed on board. At 7.30PM another 4 passengers left the ship. The victim had a meeting on board of the ship with the owner of the company, but they agreed on continuing the meeting at the Titanic restaurant.
At 7.50PM the victim left the ship first; he slipped on the bow of the ship and fell into the water.
According to the boatsman Saem Kannin, at 7.50PM, without knowning the cause, the victim fell into the water.
The crew started a search with a small (rescue) boat but couldn't find the victim due to the strong currents.

The questioning finished at 10PM and was to be signed/thumbprinted by a traffic police officer, the boatsman and a 3rd person identified as Tep Srey Pyn (ទេព ស្រីពីន).

durian gray
Are there other sites on the web too?

Re: Phnom Penh: 59YO American Kenneth Cramer found dead after falling into the Tonle Sap River.

Postby durian gray » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Can you provide a full translation of the 2 page handwritten report pictured on page 1? Is it a police report or someone else's report?

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Postby Enfrappe » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:44 pm

durian gray
Are there other sites on the web too?

Postby durian gray » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:17 am

So was there no way to get off this ship except by tying up to another ship and then jumping from the bow of one bobbing ship to another, at night in a "maelstrom?"

Did all passengers get off like that?

Return to “Cambodia in the News”