Mondulkuri: Vietnamese Nguyen Thanh Dung and Dutch Stefan Struik arrested in child torture case.

Your daily local news cover.
Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Mondulkuri: The police is hunting for a Vietnamese child torturer; arrested in Ho Chi Minh.

Postby Enfrappe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:07 am

Actually, I'm starting to think that it may be a misreport based upon two of the three arrested being released and an assumption being made Struik had also been released. I'll hold off on believing it now until I see it from other sources.

Enfrappe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mondulkuri: The police is hunting for a Vietnamese child torturer; arrested in Ho Chi Minh.

Postby Enfrappe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:03 am

Enfrappe

Postby Enfrappe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 am

And the Cambodia Daily are reporting that not only is he actually still in police custody but that he is also about to have some relatively minor charges made against him today. There is an implication that other charges could follow as the word "provisional" is used. On the other hand, that could be taken to mean the prosecutor is going to play a weak hand and let him slide. Hopefully it is the former as I feel the full extent of his guilt hasn't been exposed by evidence yet.

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/dutc ... re-121737/

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:14 pm

For future reference:

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Reportedly (more) evidence found on December 2016 in the suspect's (no names mentioned) house:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:20 am

Enfrappe

Postby Enfrappe » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:11 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:40 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:42 am

Last edited by Loy9 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cambodia in the News”