Phnom Penh: 49YO Australian Tammy Charles arrested and charged in surrogacy case.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: 49YO Australian Tammy Charles arrested and charged in surrogacy case.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:58 am

The police cracked down on surrogate pregnancy in the evening of November 18 2016 in a rental house located in Trapeang Cheung village, sangkat Trapeang Khnong, khan Sen Sok.
According to the police report:
3 people were arrested (​ឃាត់ខ្លួន):
1. Penh Rutthy (ពេញ ឫទ្ធី), male, 28YO, official at the Ministry of Commerce, living in sangkat Tuk L'Ok 3, khan Tuol Kook. He was arrested by order No.180(អយរ)
2. Sombat Chariya (សម្បត្តិ ចរិយា), female, 35YO, midwife/maternity nurse (គិ​លា​នុប្ប​យិ​កា​សម្ភព​ក្រុង), living in sangkat Srah Chak, khan Daun Penh.
3. Charles Tammy Alayne, female, 49YO, Australian, fixer (person help arrange prepare/plan families allow have children; អ្នក​ជួយទំនុកបម្រុង​គ្រួសារ​ឱ្យមាន​កូន), living in sangkat Phsar Thmey 3, khan Daun Penh.

The police confiscated 2 passports, 4.560THB, 2.147USD, 2 (mobile) phones, 1 laptop and some documents.

The 3 are detained at the Anti-Human Trafficking Department on charges of acting as transnational pregnancy workers (​​អំពើ​ធ្វើជា​អន្តរៈការី ន័យ​អំពើ​ពរ​ពោះ), hiring Khmer woman as surrogate mothers, following the arrest warrant, and "not supplying documents of bad practice". (និង​ពុំ​ផ្តល់​ឯកសារ​អំពើ​ទុ​ច​ចរិត)

The article also mentions that people are prepared to pay 50.000USD to get a child by surrogate pregnancy.
(មុខ​ជំនួញ​មួយ​នេះធ្វើ​ឱ្យ​ពួក​ឈ្មួញ​ចំណេញ​កប់​ពពក ព្រោះ​អ្នក​ចង់​បានកូន​ត្រូវ​ចំណាយ ​៥​ ម៉ឺ​ន​ដុល្លារ សម្រាប់​ការ​ពរ​ពោះ​ជំនួស​ ដើម្បី​បានកូន)

Last edited by Loy9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Phnom Penh: 49YO Australian Tammy Charles arrested for involvement in surrogate pregnancy.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:15 am

According to Facebook Tammy Davis-Charles is the Director and Founder of which is located in Bangkok, Thailand.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 49YO Australian Tammy Charles arrested for involvement in surrogate pregnancy.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:21 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:21 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Last edited by Loy9 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:20 pm

Return to “Cambodia in the News”