Phnom Penh: 22YO karaoke worker found strangled in O'Yes Guesthouse; boyfriend arrested. (update)

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: 22YO karaoke worker found strangled in O'Yes Guesthouse; boyfriend arrested. (update)

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Last edited by Loy9 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pnom Penh: Naked corpse of a woman found in O'Yes Guesthouse.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:08 pm

(Graphic Warning!)

Rape-murder case.

The suspect rented the room for 1 night.
At 5.05PM on October 24 2016 the victim asked for room No.20C and was directed to the room on the 3rd floor.

The police concluded that the victim died of strangulation. ( ច្របាច់​ក​សម្លាប់)

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:53 pm

(Graphic Warning!)

According to KPT's article it could be a murder case or a case of a sex-induced heart failure. (អាចជារឿងឃាតកម្ម ឬក៏វ៉ៃសិចច្រើនច្រើនដងពេក ទើបបណ្ដាលឲ្យគាំងបេះដូងស្លាប់)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:00 pm

[url]http://nokorwatnews.com/នារីម្នាក់ដេកស្លាប់ទាំ/[/url] (Graphic Warning!)

No additional reporting.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:24 pm

The victim's corpse has been deposited at Wat Steung Meanchey pagoda.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Also the belongings of the victim have been stolen. (ប្លន់​យក​ទ្រព្យសម្បត្តិ​របស់​ជនរ​ង​គ្រោះ)

(Graphic Warning!)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:02 pm

In FNA they don't talk about a towel with blood strains but about blood strains on the mattress. (មានឈាមប្រឡាក់លើពូក)

(Graphic Warning!)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:05 am

(Graphic Warning!)

(First) sexual intercourse, afterwards strangled to death. Naked corpse abandoned in a guesthouse.

The victim's corpse was stiff when found by the cleaning lady. (ដោយ​មាន​សភាព​រឹង​កំព្រឹស)
Nobody knows when the primary suspect left the room.

The police noticed that the room of the crime was messy; the victim's neck/throat showed bruises. They also found some used condoms.

The GH's owner didn't follow the law because he didn't revoke the ID card of the GH's visitors which make it very difficult for the police to identify the killer.
Furthermore the GH is a gathering point for young rebelling teenagers.

The victim is still unidentified, the police is searching for the killer.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:02 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:09 am

Victim identified as 22YO Ang Vanna, serving in Heng Heng karaoke and living in a rental house in sangkat Phsar Depot 3, khan Tuol Kook (but born in Prey Veng's Peareang district).

The corpse was handed over to the victim's older sister in the morning of October 26.

It looks like the killer has been captured by a security camera. (ដោយ​តាមរយៈ​កាមេរ៉ា​សុវត្ថិភាព​សមត្ថកិច្ច​នឹង​ចាប់ខ្លួនបាន​ក្នុងពេល​ឆាប់ៗ​ខាងមុខនេះ)

Return to “Cambodia in the News”