Phnom Penh: Another night at Golden Sorya Mall.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: Another night at Golden Sorya Mall.

Postby Loy9 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:37 pm

The 34YO girlfriend of a foreigner was assaulted by security guards of Golden Sorya Mall resulting in head injuries after the foreigner had an argument with the security forces.
The victim interfered which made 2 to 3 guards angry. They assaulted the victim.
The incident happend on October 15 2016 at 2.10AM at GSM.

Witnesses said that initially the foreigner had an argument with a group of security guards at GSM. This made the drunken girlfriend of the foreign man angry. She stepped in and increased the problem. The guards could't tolerate it longer and assaulted the woman with sticks (clubs?) which resulted in head injuries.
The assaulters fled the scene after the incident. Some other securities stepped in and the victim demanded the responsible guards to step forward, show their face and take responsibility.

The local police intervened and investigated the case. The culprits weren't arrested. The victim was advised to clean her wounds and file a complaint (at the police office).

In the video the victim says that the security guards had an argument with the foreigner which she tried to end because the foreigner was drunken.
According to the security guards she had an argument with the foreigner; they denied that they assaulted her. The injuries are the result of a fall.

Video1(6min)

Video2(15min)

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Phnom Penh: Another night at Golden Sorya Mall.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:56 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Riel Love
Help! I'm stuck to my keyboard.

Postby Riel Love » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:29 pm

That barang guy looks like a right annoying drunken twit who goes around making for trouble with anyone unfortunate enough to be around him when he's on the piss. The kid of guy who thinks he is so interesting that he is welcomed starting up or joining a conversation with anyone he sees when they want nothing to do with him. . She looks no better. A disaster of a couple. They deserve eachother, although it's not acceptable to get physical with any woman unless she is the one instigating violence, which isn't unheard of at 2:30 am at GSM.

Il tente de péter plus haut que son cul.
肏你妈/操你媽

Mr.Justice
Handle with care.

Postby Mr.Justice » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:44 am

Hi m a KHMER girl , i feel so sad whenever any girl get assaulted, i don't know this girl , but since m a regular visitor of that place, i want to tell all of you that this foreigner shouts a lot at Golden Sorya Mall whenever he is drunk , you can ask more than 500 people at the mall,and you will get the same answer,the mall security is always annoyed by him , i saw him many times yelling and screaming on anyone who is around him , now since i am a Cambodian , let me find the truth, it may be once again the mistake of this crazy drunk man , but since he is a foreigner , with money and status , so the poor security has no option but to beat his Khmer girlfriend , this is just my point of view , please feel free to reply , secondly if anyone knows this foreigner , who is he? which country ? what does he do in pp ? back ground checks , if he is on drugs ? OR maybe he is one of those crazy drunk teachers of phenom pen ?

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:49 pm

One more translation:

The bouncers (សន្តិសុខ​កាង​) of Golden Sorya Mall attacked a foreigner and a Khmer woman.

Panic occurred after a group of bouncers at Golden Sorya Mall, which is a market full of mess and teemed with rooms full of drugs (រញ៉េរញ៉ៃពោរពេញទៅដោយគ្រឿងញៀនពេញបន្ទប់នោះ), joined their forces and assaulted a foreigner and his girlfriend. The woman suffered injuries in her face. After the incident they all disappeared.
The incident happend on October 15 2016 at 2.20AM inside the Golden Sorya Mall which is located in Street 51, sangkat Phsar Thmey 3, khan Daun Penh.

According to sources at the scene:
At he time of the incident they (the sources at the scene) saw a white foreigner who took his girlfriend to drink at Golden Sorya Mall. While they were drinking, suddenly the foreigner, it seems that he was half-drunken, caused uproar and a group of bouncers came to quarrel with the foreigner.
At that moment also the girlfriend (of the foreigner) stepped in to stop/avoid a confrontation.
Suddenly the bouncers punched her and slapped her in the face resulting in facial injuries.
After that the bounces escaped.

The local police intervened, took the victim to treat her injuries and to file her complaint.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:03 am

Return to “Cambodia in the News”