Phnom Penh: 3 foreigners and 1 Khmer arrested for drugs trafficking and use.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: 3 foreigners and 1 Khmer arrested for drugs trafficking and use.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:43 pm

The Anti-Drug Department arrested 4 suspects on charges of drugs trafficking and drugs use.

Phnom Penh

Police experts cracked down on a case of illegal drugs traffic and illegal drugs use which was carried out from/practiced at room No.208 of Sorya 9 Stars Guesthouse which is located in sangkat Phsar Thmey 2, khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

The crack down and arrests happend on October 8 2016 at 4.30 (AM or PM).

The suspects were identified as:
1.Chang Sreypheak (ឆាង​ ស្រី​ភ័​ក្រ​) aka Lyn (លី​ន​), female, Khmer, born in 1988, charged with drugs trafficking. (possessing/carrying addictive substances)
2.Andrew​ John​ Sloman, male, British, born in 1966, charged with drugs trafficking. (possessing/carrying addictive substances)
3.Safari​ SAARI​ IAN​ WOOD​ BERRY​, male, American, born in 1976, charged with drugs use.
4.CHAPONOT​ CYRIL​ GUY​, male, Franco-American, born in 1970.

Confiscated:
1,14gr. crystal meth.
drugs paraphernalia
2 passports
1 mobile phone

Last edited by Loy9 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Re: Phnom Penh: 3 foreigners and 1 Khmer arrested for drugs trafficking and use.

Postby Enfrappe » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:20 am

Blue shirt certainly looks like he's methed a good few of his teeth out. I'm guessing he is the Brit.

White shirt looks like a man who is old enough to know better than to be sporting the shit ponytail I think he has stashed behind his head. I'm guessing he's the yank. He's even got the eagle on his shirt. :lol:

Red shirt looks so damn French and also like he's surrendered already so I'm guessing he's the Frog.

Black shirt looks like she's lied about her age so I'm guessing she's both Khmer and a woman. :lol:

Later reports will doubtless reveal how accurate my guesses are. Thumbs UpIcon

Riel Love
Help! I'm stuck to my keyboard.

Re: Phnom Penh: 3 foreigners and 1 Khmer arrested for drugs trafficking and use.

Postby Riel Love » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:16 am

Lord above, I can almost smell their meth stench through the photos.

I like the police's hand-drawn perp height measuring scale on the white board. Looks like they never get criminals over 180cm tall so it gets a bit wonky above that height...kind of like "meh, close enough".

Il tente de péter plus haut que son cul.
肏你妈/操你媽

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:21 am

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:05 pm

American Saari Ian Wood Berry has been expelled.

On November 29 2016 at 11.45PM the General Department of Immigration deported an American national to his country of origin through flight KE 690 from PPIA after being involved in illegal drug trafficking in Cambodia.

According to the Immigration Police:
The American national who has been deported was identified as 40YO SAARI IAN WOOD BERRY.

The eviction took place after the police arrested the man on charges of drug trafficking and after he was taken to the Investigation and Procedure Department for several days.

The GDI in collaboration with the Gate 1 Department of PPIA expelled the perp after receiving an order from the Ministry of Interior.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:56 pm

On the afternoon of July 11 2017 the trial of 52-year-old Brit Andrew John Sloman (aka Andy) and his 28-year-old Khmer girlfriend Chhang Sreypheak, both have been charged with 'Purchasing, storing or consuming, with knowledge of the consequences of resources
and properties which are generated from offenses' of 40gr of Crystal Meth under Art.40 of the Law on Drugs Management, started.

Both were arrested on October 8 2016 after police raided the 9 Star Guesthouse in Daun Penh's Phsar Thmey 2 commune.

Chhang Sreypheak clarified that she sold drugs, which she 'took' from Andy, 3 times in exchange for 10 to 15USD from her customers.
She also clarified that she and Andy used drugs, sexual enhancement pills and slept together.
On the day of their arrest Andy ordered her to take/bring/overhand 1.41grams of illegal drugs to a woman for a price of 55USD.

Andrew John Sloman denied all charges against him; he told the Court that he only bought drugs for (personal) use,

A verdict is due on July 13 2017.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:45 pm

On the afternoon of July 13 2017 the Court sentenced him to 3 years in prison (and a fine of 6M KHR) and his girlfriend to 2.5years in prison (and a fine of 4M KHR) for 'trading' 1.41gr of crystal meth (ice).

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:31 am

Enfrappe

Postby Enfrappe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 am

Damn, I missed the earlier update showing one of my guesses was wrong. I thought the American was the French one and the lucky bastard got deported instead of facing trial. What was that about? Presumably because he was only charged with drug use, not dealing?

Also the French guy, I wonder what happened to him?

Enfrappe

Postby Enfrappe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:34 am

Return to “Cambodia in the News”