Phnom Penh: Irish Austin Edward detained at Long Lin Guesthouse on suspicion of sexual abuse of 2 minors.

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: Irish Austin Edward detained at Long Lin Guesthouse on suspicion of sexual abuse of 2 minors.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Looks like I missed this one :!:

The police detained an Irish man who brought 2 young boys to his guesthouse on suspicion of sexual abuse.

Phnom Penh

An Irish national was detained by the Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection department of the Phnom Penh municipal police in collaboration with the police on suspicion of 'sex' when he brought 2 young boys to the room of his guesthouse.

The detention happend on August 23 2016 at 11.10AM in room No 5A of Long Lin Guesthouse (ឡុនលីន) which is located N0 155Eo, Street 19, Group 8, sangkat Chey Chomneah, khan Daun Penh.

The suspect was identified as Austin Edward, Irish national, born in 1983, temporarily staying at the guesthouse.
The 2 young victims are 14 and 12YO.

According to the police:
After police experts became aware that the suspect brought 2 young Khmer boys to his room on suspicion of sex, the AHT&JP department of the Phnom Penh municipal police in collaboration with the local police conducted a full search in room No 5A of said guesthouse; the suspect was detained and the 2 victims were sent to the Juvenile Protection department in order to make a report to administer the law.

Edit: arrested/arrest replaced by detained/detention.

Last edited by Loy9 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Phnom Penh: Irish Austin Edward detained at Long Lin Guesthouse on suspicion of sexual abuse of 2 minors.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:10 am

Last edited by Loy9 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

auskhmer
Handle with care.

Re: Phnom Penh: Irish Austin Edward arrested in Long Lin Guesthouse on suspicion of sexual abuse of 2 minors.

Postby auskhmer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:36 am

For starters to be arrested you need to have being caught committing a crime, or an arrest warrant issued.

The article should read questioned under suspicion, for an hour and then released but that doesn’t get the same amount of clicks or publicity for the NGO involved.

The children were not rescued, they went with me to the police station, left with me and returned to the same guesthouse.

The staff at the Long Lin know me, the children and their family members as we have stayed there on numerous trips over the years.

If you look at the picture I hardly booked a three double bedded room for myself we had been there for the previous 3 days, and were on our way to a snorkelling trip in Sihanoukville.

I tried commenting on the Facebook post but it was promptly deleted, if your really interested, some of the Long Lin staff have shared the post and commented on how it is ruining the reputation of others just for money.

I respect what NGO`s do but they really need to investigate before they send the cavalry in which was about 12 people and ruin everyone’s holiday

The police were really nice respectful, and fed the kids with cola and food till they could burst so despite everything at least they were professional and were not heavy handed.

Anyway out of respect for my friends in Phnom Penh, the staff in Long Lin the Kids and anyone else who has read this it was a storm in a tea cup.

No reputable media sources reported on it, someone sold a bullshit story, pictures and information to the media when the truth was readily available.

Last edited by auskhmer on Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: Irish Austin Edward detained at Long Lin Guesthouse on suspicion of sexual abuse of 2 minors.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:42 am

Riel Love
Help! I'm stuck to my keyboard.

Postby Riel Love » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:33 am

Il tente de péter plus haut que son cul.
肏你妈/操你媽

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Postby Enfrappe » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:49 am

auskhmer
Handle with care.

Postby auskhmer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:22 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:41 am

auskhmer
Handle with care.

Postby auskhmer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:35 am

Last edited by auskhmer on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:51 am

Return to “Cambodia in the News”