Breaking: Grenade Attack In St 163 BKK3 At 7.40PM, 1 Indian & 1 Vietnamese Male, 1 Khmer Lady & 1 Khmer Man Injured

Your daily local news cover.
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Breaking: Grenade Attack In St 163 BKK3 At 7.40PM, 1 Indian & 1 Vietnamese Male, 1 Khmer Lady & 1 Khmer Man Injured

Postby Loy9 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Breaking: Grenade Attack In St 163 BKK3 At 7.40PM, 1 Indian & 1 Vietnamese Male, 1 Khmer Lady & 1 Khmer Man Injured

Postby Loy9 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:33 pm

41YO...; she's a/the killer wife. AxeIcon

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:48 pm

This is interesting!

According to this article the mastermind is Khmer (notwithstanding that the newspaper posts a picture clearly stating that she's Khmer).
Motive: grudge related to a love triangle.

The mastermind, 41YO Sokh Kumli, is married with Tan Chhay Meeng, a Chinese-Singaporese man in his 50s.
In Cambodia she had a secret love affair with Ia Li Huor during a period of 4 years until she had a daughter. (I guess with her husband)

Because she feared the end of the secret love affair she bought a big motorbike, worth 10.000USD, a car, worth 8.000USD and an apartment, worth 130.000USD and put in on her lover's name. She bought it with money from her husband.
But the secret lover cheated on her; he took a new girlfriend and publicly offended the master mind by saying that he loved her because of the properties/wealth.
She held a grudge against him and planned to kill him twice.
During 2015 she bought a K59 hand-gun and one cartridge for the price of 1.800USD and she hired a group of Vietnamese construction workers for the price of 10.000USD to kill her secret lover but accidentally the group of killers knew the servant/maid of Ia Li Huor (their target) who told the story to Ia Li Hour and they shared the money instead so the plan failed.
She rented a new team of 6 persons to kill him for a price of 30.000USD.
The new team drove 2 motorbikes and they used 1 hand grenade; the followed the victim and saw him opening the gate of his house to enter.
2 persons on 1 motorbike, holding the grenade, threw it with the intention to kill their target but when they threw the grenade it hit the chest of an accomplice who was the passenger of a motorbike (ជិះម៉ូតូឌុប) driving behind them. Finally it fell in the middle of the street.

On September 19 the police started to follow/investigate a suspect who fled to Siem Reap province. Investigations continued and in the night of September 20 8 persons were arrested. One suspect is on the run.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:34 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:07 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:31 am

There was a first Court hearing on June 6 2017 which continued in the afternoon of June 12 2017.

Please note that Sok Kimly, a 41-year-old Khmer woman, has been charged under Art.28 (Definition of Instigator) and Art.199 (Murder) of the Criminal Law.
Chang Thi Ve, a 46-year-old Vietnamese woman, Lee Yang Yong, a 47-year-old Vietnamese man, and Lee Ra Pen (possibly Bin), a 36-year-old Vietnamese man, have been charged with murder attempt under Art.27 (Definition of Attempt) and Art.199 (Murder) of the Criminal Law.

During the hearing Sok Kimly denied that she hired people to gun down her alleged boyfriend Ie Lee Huor. She also denied to be aware of the grenade-case.

Lee Ra Pen (possibly Bin) clarified that he knew Sok Kimly, through Lee Yang Yong. She told him that Sok Kimly was looking for someone to kill her boyfriend for the price of 20K USD. Lee Ra Pen received a K59 handgun and 1000USD from her, through Lee Yang Yong, but instead of killing the victim he just spend the money.

Chang Thi Ve admitted that she lived together with Sok Kimly and her Singaporean husband, identified as Ro Baut, in Boeung Keng Kong commune, Chamkar Mon district since she and her husband arrived in Cambodia in 1998.
In 2015 Sok Kimly had a secret relation with Ie Lee Huor which she (afterwards) decided to kill fearing that the story would come to the ears of her (Singaporean) husband. Chang Thi Ve ordered her husband, Lee Yang Yong, to find someone to execute the murder.
She denied to be aware of the grenade-case.

Lee Yang Yong admitted that, in 2015, his wife ordered him to hire Lee Ra Pen (possibly Bin) in order to kill Ie Lee Huor but because Lee Ra Pen demanded 5K USD and Sok Kimly only offered him 1000USD Lee Ra Pen gave him back the gun.
Lee Yang Yong denied to be aware of the grenade-case.

The hearing about the grenade-case will continue on a later date.

A verdict is due in the afternoon of June 21 2017.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm

^^ Standing trial:

Sok Kimly

Chang Thi Ve

Lee Yang Yong

Lee Ra Pen (Ni Soi Binh)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:09 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Sok Kimly: sentenced to 10 years in prison under Art.28 and 199 of the Penal Code.
Chang Thi Ve, Lee Yang Yong and Lee Ra Pin: each sentenced to 10 years in prison under Art.27 and 199 of the Penal Code.

Return to “Cambodia in the News”