Phnom Penh: 46YO British Duncan Giles Stewart involved in a deadly traffic accident.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: 46YO British Duncan Giles Stewart involved in a deadly traffic accident.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Last edited by Loy9 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Phnom Penh: British man involved in a deadly traffic accident.

Postby Loy9 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:13 pm

(Graphic Warning!)

Both, motorbike and car, were driving in the opposite direction of each other.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:53 pm

(Graphic Warning!)

(Graphic Warning!)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 46YO British Duncan Giles Stewart involved in a deadly traffic accident.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:22 pm

A British man, who's an airplane pilot (​អ្នក​បើក​យន្តហោះ), was sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court by the Traffic Police in the morning of August 30 2016 in connection with causing (​​បង្ក) a deadly traffic accident.
The accident happend on August 28 2016 at 3.30PM on NR3 in Toul Key village, sangkat Phleung Cheh Tih, khan Por Sen Chey.

The English national has been identified as DUNCAN GILES STEWART, 46YO, working as a helicopter pilot (​បើក​ឧទ្ធម្ភាគ​ចក្រ​) in the UK. Currently he's living in Cambodia together with his Khmer wife.

According to news sources from the accident scene:
Before the accident they saw a motorbike with 2 persons arriving at the place of the accident. Suddenly there was a car (brand) Isuzu (which should be Mitsubishi), steered by an English national traveling together with his wife, driving at a very high speed. The car unintentionally collided with the motorbike of the victims. Both victims died immediately on the place of the accident.

After the accident the police contacted the victim's families in order to hand over the corpses following the traditions. (ដើម្បីយកទៅ​ធ្វើ​តាម​ប្រពៃណី​។)
The person who caused the accident was arrested by the police and sent to the office of the Traffic Police to settle to issue following the law.
On August 29 2016 the British national was still coordinating with the families of the victims.

According to the Traffic Police:
The English national was overtaking (តវ៉ាជែង) another vehicle but accidentally collided with a motorbike, driving in the opposite direction, killing its driver and passenger. After the accident the foreign man didn't escape. He waited at the accident scene till the police arrived.
Now the prosecutor is still questioning him. After questioning him he will be sent back to the police. Tomorrow he will be sent to the investigating judge.

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: 46YO British Duncan Giles Stewart involved in a deadly traffic accident.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:23 am

Return to “Cambodia in the News”