Phnom Penh: Serious fight between 2 foreigners; one arrested and one hospitalized.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: Serious fight between 2 foreigners; one arrested and one hospitalized.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:39 pm

A foreigner was arrested by the police of Wat Phnom post after he used violence against another foreigner. The victim was injured and was rushed to the hospital.

The incident happend on June 16 2016 at 7.10AM at the corner of Street 13 with Street 106, sangkat Wat Phnom, khan Daun Penh.

A source said that at the moment of the incident he/she/they saw 2 white foreigners, maybe they just returned from a night drinking, walking and arguing with each other along Street 13. Arriving at the scene of the incident suddenly it came to a fight (បញ្ចេញ​ក្បាច់គុន​វ៉ៃ​គ្នា​ប្រាវ) during which one of both parties was severely injured. By-standers/citizens were surprised and gathered to have a look and help stop the fight. The local authorities were called and the person who caused the fight was arrested.

When the police brought the person who caused the fight to the police office for interrogation he was still too drunken.

Last edited by Loy9 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Phnom Penh: Serious fight between 2 foreigners; one arrested and one hospitalized.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:41 pm

The victim was sent to Calmette Hospital.
The incident occurred at 7.30AM in front of the bar Tonle Sap at the corner of Street 13 with Street 106.
The cause of the dispute isn't known.
Both are still unidentified.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: Serious fight between 2 foreigners; one arrested and one hospitalized.

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:55 am

The arrested man was identified as the 37 Irish tourist NICHOLAS O'NEILL.
He was staying at Golden Home Guesthouse, Street 172, sangkat Chey Chom Neah, khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

The victim is still unidentified because he's unconscious.
He's around 35YO.

durian gray
Are there other sites on the web too?

Postby durian gray » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:36 am

You should find out if the guy died or if he is in a coma or still unconscious. This could be big news.

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Postby Enfrappe » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:29 pm

Yes, there are suggestions that the guy in hospital still hasn't regained consciousness and that could end badly for both of them.

I know little of Cambodia's laws relating to assaults/murders and the degree of culpability applied and what he would be charged with should the guy in hospital die but I assume a hefty prison term could be expected. Unless he has a lot of money, of course, in which case he could be in a bar for Ireland's next Euro football game next week!

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:43 pm

So far, the latest newspaper article I found regarding this case was dated June 16, the day of the incident. I had a quick look on Facebook but no additional information.
Probably one of the local English papers (PPP, CD, KT) will come with a latest update on Monday morning.

Will have a detailed look into this later tonight.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:05 am

Some additional information:

The incident happend behind the night market on Street 106.
The victim suffered a broken nose.
The attacker was angry with the victim because the victim 'took' 15.000USD from him. On the day of the incident he bumped into the victim and a dispute started.
The attacker stayed in Brown House Guesthouse, room 172. (in the neighborhood of the airport)
After the attack he walked away but was stopped at the roundabout by some motodops until the police arrived at the scene of the incident.

What is he talking about his (baby)son :?:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:16 am

Enfrappe
Oohhh What's This Button do??... POST!

Postby Enfrappe » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:30 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:56 am

Return to “Cambodia in the News”