Kampong Thom: Taxi driver found dead in what police believe was a murder-robbery.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kampong Thom: Taxi driver found dead in what police believe was a murder-robbery.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 pm

In the morning of June 23 2017 villagers and district police found the body of a man lying dead at the base of a bridge (east side) in Trach village, Kampong Chen Cheung commune, Staong district, Kampong Thom in what police believe was a murder robbery.

According to a ID-card and driving license found on the victim's body:
The victim has been identified as Thoeun Lavy born on July 7 1979 and currently living in Phnom Penh's Meanchey district.

Since the victim was a taxi driver police believe that it was a murder to rob the victim of his vehicle; police are investigating the case.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Kampong Thom: Taxi driver found dead in what police believe was a murder-robbery.

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 pm

The victim's car, a white Lexus RX300 (Phnom Penh 2AQ-1554), was found on June 23 2017 around 1PM along Route 90 in Kampong Cham city. (Village 1, Vealvong commune)
The police investigated the case and impounded the car at 7PM after not finding its owner.

A witness saw a teenager leaving the place where the car was found and reported the incident in the evening of June 23 2017 to the Administrative Police after the man didn't return.

(In the car) authorities found a crate with 20 'counters', several cases with pastries and some documents which were sent (by customers) from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap.
Authorities also found a handgun K54 and 20 bullets as well as bloodstains (under a 'cushion) and a bullet hole in the left front door.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Kampong Thom: Taxi driver found dead in what police believe was a murder-robbery.

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Interesting detail: the technical-scientific police discovered that the robber(s) installed a new window (driver's side) in the car.

:?:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 am

Return to “Cambodia in the News”