Phnom Penh: Chinese-Singaporean man arrested over 3M USD fraud case before fleeing the country.

Your daily local news cover.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phnom Penh: Chinese-Singaporean man arrested over 3M USD fraud case before fleeing the country.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:30 am

Arrested by the Serious Crime department of the MoI in the late afternoon of June 23 2017 at PPIA over fraud with the money of the clients/customers of the company SECURECOM MEDIA CO.LTD. before boarding an airplane and fleeing the country.

The suspect has been identified as ENG WEI KHIONG, a 34-year-old man.

On the morning of June 25 2017 the suspect was sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court to be questioned.

2 lawyers, representing SECURECOM MEDIA CO.LTD. sued the suspect, who's the company's director, for fraud and breach of the confidence of more than 300 customers of the company for an amount exceeding 3M USD.

(At the moment time doesn't allow me to explain the fraud but if the English language papers don't publish the story I'll come asap with a complete translation).

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Phnom Penh: Chinese-Singaporean man arrested over 3M USD fraud case before fleeing the country.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:37 am

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Phnom Penh: Chinese-Singaporean man arrested over 3M USD fraud case before fleeing the country.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 am

On June 26 2017 the suspect was charged with fraud under article 377 and 378 of the Penal Code.
Afterwards the case was sent to the Investigating Judge to decide on the suspect's detention but the suspect fainted in the judge's room.
It was then that Oknha Duong Chhay, a business associate of the suspect, appeared; he called an ambulance to sent the suspect to Calmette Hospital.

In the afternoon the Investigating Judge decided to issue an arrest warrant and temporarily detain the suspect. The police will sent him to jail after leaving the hospital.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:55 pm

The detention order:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Return to “Cambodia in the News”