Quote of the day.

Anything related to Cambodia that doesn't fit anywhere else. Bring it on here!
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Quote of the day.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:13 am

“Repression is just useless. Hun Sen’s behavior differs from others, if you repress [me], I will sleep and ignore. Do not repress the man.”
Prime Minister Hun Sen warned his detractors not to raise international pressure or make threats, otherwise political problems would not be resolved and future pardons for others now detained in prison would not be forthcoming.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Loy9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:47 pm

“On my living room table, I only put Coca-Cola and mineral water.”
Prime Minister Hun Sen during the official inauguration of a new $100 million Cambodian Coca-Cola production facility.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:08 am

“Let the people judge.”
CNRP spokesman Yim Sovann during the 40th convention of the 545-member central committee of the ruling Cambodian People’s Party on December 18 2016.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:27 pm

“Pure gold does not fear fire."
Suspended Serei Sophoan High School director Nath Sivlay after more than 40 staff filed a complaint alleging widespread corruption, nepotism and intimidation.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 am

“How can they be herded when they grow bigger? They can fly.”
Prime Minister Hun Sen’s nephew Hun To after an elderly local shot and ate one of his escaped peacocks.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:25 pm

"The assembly will conduct a Buddhist cleansing ceremony during Khmer New Year."
Parliament spokesman Leng Peng Long in a reaction on the unsubstantiated claims of sexual misconduct by CNRP lawmakers.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:00 pm

"People don’t have much respect for the military, because there are too many stars in the sky.”
The opinion of an anonymous military official about the armed forces’ approach to career advancement.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:19 am

“Everyone is happy.”
Government spokesman Phay Siphan in a reaction on the annual World Happiness Report ranking Cambodia toward the bottom of the list.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:48 am

“If he doesn’t flee, we will appreciate him. But if he goes, then Chanboth is definitely a dog serving America.”
Interior Ministry spokesman Khieu Sopheak about RFA reporter Chun Chanboth who left Cambodia for Thailand days before he had to attend a hearing at the Phnom Penh Municipal Court.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:57 pm

“Do not wait for Hun Sen to die. I am not ready to die and I will be here for a long time.”
Mr Hun Sen used his first public appearance since returning from a short stay in a Singapore hospital to mock those who were ready to pounce should the end come quickly.

Return to “Cambodia in General”