Quote of the day.

Anything related to Cambodia that doesn't fit anywhere else. Bring it on here!
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Quote of the day.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:44 pm

“It doesn’t matter if you want to sleep in a place that’s four metres square – please sleep there. It doesn’t trouble our heads.”
Samdech Techo Hun Sen referring to Kem Sokha who sought refuge in the CNRP party’s headquarters after an attempt to arrest him.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:47 am

“I told you before, Hun Sen cannot be easily pressured”
“Cambodia dares to play [its cards] and is not afraid to lose.”
Prime Minister Hun Sen lashing out at the diplomatic community for trying to use aid money to leverage influence on internal matters.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:21 pm

“Do not shake our hand and step on our feet.”
CPP spokesman Sok Eysan after Cambodia National Rescue Party acting leader Kem Sokha's entreaty for cooperation.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:09 pm

"We were worried she might be a sorcerer and then take photos to do black magic on our stomachs.”
“Everyone knows the Spanish practice magic,” he said. “They can fly on brooms.”
Major General Uk Heisela, chief of investigations at the immigration department, in a reaction on why his subordinates deleted all photographs on the mobile phone of recently deported Marga Bujosa Segado, Spanish researcher and activist.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:18 pm

“Do you think it’s fair that I drive a Land Cruiser and another guy drives a motorbike? Are you a communist or what?”
Council of Ministers spokesman Phay Siphan dismissed the suggestion that the privileged lives of government leaders isolated them from the problems being faced by the less fortunate.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:58 pm

“If it were Pol Pot, he’d have his own way of dealing with such a thing.”
Daun Penh District Governor Kouch Chamroeun in reference to repeat offenders selling their goods on the capital’s busier thoroughfares.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:26 am

"The situation has only worsened since the country was “close to a dangerous tipping point” during my last visit in April."
UN human rights envoy to Cambodia Rhona Smith in her annual report at the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva last month.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:18 am

“Some people think that you send your kids to school with elites, they’ll become elites. I don’t. I think they become a gangster.”
A country director for an international aid organisation, who spoke on condition of anonymity in a reaction on a study which shows that the Cambodian friends of the children of Aid and development professionals, who moved their families to Cambodia in the hope that the experience will foster a sense of open-mindedness and societal responsibility in their children, tended to be fellow international school pupils and therefore presented a very limited vision of what life is truly like for most Cambodians.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:07 pm

“If Trump wins, the world might change and it might be better, because Trump is a businessman and a businessman does not want war."
Cambodia's PM Hun Sen speaking to senior police officials at the Police Academy in Kandal province.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:12 pm

"As prime minister, I would tell everyone that I do not agree to this proposal. Please, everyone save money and buy cars."
Prime Minister Hun Sen in a reaction on a proposal by Phnom Penh governor Pa Socheatvong to restrict the number of second-hand car imports to the country to ease traffic congestion in the city.

Return to “Cambodia in General”