Quote of the day.

Anything related to Cambodia that doesn't fit anywhere else. Bring it on here!
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Quote of the day.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 pm

“If Hun Sen did not speak, you would all lose your jobs”
Samdech Techo Hun Sen pointing out his dominance of the Kingdom’s news cycle to news reporters.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Quote of the day.

Postby Loy9 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:54 pm

“There are no police officers using drugs.”
Phnom Penh penal police chief Eng Sophea after one of his officers was charged with attempted murder after allegedly shooting a commune police chief in the chest.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:59 am

“Every Cambodian has a mistress. It’s part of the game in Cambodia.”
Prince Thomico, member of the CNRP, in a reaction on the accusations against Kem Sokha for having an extramarital relationship.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:12 am

“When the parliament was meeting [they] left to be beaten, if [they] were still at the meeting, no one was going to come into the parliament and beat them.”
CPP lawmaker Chheang Vun Radio on Free Asia earlier this month in a reaction on the attack of 2 CNRP lawmakers outside parliament by a pro-ruling party mob last year.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:11 pm

“I have never had a good feeling during big celebrations.”
Cambodia's PM Hun Sen during an appeal to public safety, announcing $6 million in bonuses for soldiers and law enforcement in anticipation of the Khmer New Year.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:58 am

“Wait and see.”
Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts spokesman Thai Norak Satya in a reaction on the strong action which will be taken against Phnom Penh’s Meta House Café if films continue to be shown without first being cleared by the government.

Last edited by Loy9 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:11 am

“The detainees being detained currently in Cambodia are all penal prisoners, but political prisoners, there are none.”
Spokesman for the Interior Ministry’s General Department of Prisons Sorn Keo in a reaction on the accusations that three senior opposition politicians, incarcerated on charges widely considered politically motivated, are denied the right to meet within Prey Sar prison.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:43 pm

“I have no faith in the court”
Mr.Kong Saphea, one of the two CNRP lawmakers who were attacked outside the National Assembly last October, while boycotting the court hearing of the 3 defendants.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:45 pm

“No water – we die. But also, no rice – we die.”
Bun Pho, farmer and representative of the farming community in Battambang’s Dangkutnung village, in a reaction on blocking Battambang residents from using Battambang water and pumping it across provincial lines to Banteay Meanchey instead.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:41 pm

“Wearing sexy is not against the law, but it could be against the likes of the public.”
Mr. Norak Satya, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Culture, after educating video actress Denny Kwan about appropriate clothing styles after photographs of her wearing a daring sheer dress ignited debate on Facebook.

Return to “Cambodia in General”