EdC; does the V stands for Voltage or Volatility?

Anything related to Cambodia that doesn't fit anywhere else. Bring it on here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
EdC; does the V stands for Voltage or Volatility?

Postby Loy9 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Exactly my thoughts!
Why are we paying EdC to receive 230V and at peak moments receive less than 200V?
My electrical devices, cables and breakers don't like the extra current at all!

EdC :?:

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: EdC; does the V stands for Voltage or Volatility?

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:00 pm

EdC comes with a statement that voltage-drops don't affect the power consumption and that they are aware of this problem.

I partially agree with that but what about the operating life of my electrical devices and the higher risk for fire due to the increased current my inductive devices are requiring?

Asking for some understanding is not the way to solve problems; unless you're active in a market without competitors. Thumbs DownIcon

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:55 am

Sidewalker
Help! I'm stuck to my keyboard.

Postby Sidewalker » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:53 pm

That's the reason that I connected my computers,tv etc. to 2 ups with under and over voltage protection.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:49 am

Sidewalker
Help! I'm stuck to my keyboard.

Postby Sidewalker » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:41 pm

There are professional UPS that can deliver a lot of power, but they are pretty expensive. I use my UPS mainly for protection, they are not powerful and in case of a brown out, most of the time I shut down the desktop computer and use them for a small fan and light. The fridge and ac are connected to the net.

Return to “Cambodia in General”