Deputy Prime Minister Sok An has passed away, aged 66.

Anything related to Cambodia that doesn't fit anywhere else. Bring it on here!
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Deputy Prime Minister Sok An has passed away, aged 66.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Samdech Vibol Panha Sok An died due to a chronic disease on March 15 2017 at 6.32PM in a hospital in Beijing, China according to below's statement issued by the Royal Government.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Deputy Prime Minister Sok An has passed away, aged 66.

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:07 pm

More about Samdech Vibol Panha Sok An .

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Regarding the funeral arrangements:

Creation of a committee and sub-committee

and

A budget of 3B KHR will be released for the funeral.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56 pm

16 April 1950 - 15 March 2017.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Phnom Penh Post:

and

Khmer Times:

and

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:02 am

According to officials at PPIA:
Sok An's body will be airlifted from Beijing and arrive in Phnom Penh on March 16 2017 around 3-4AM.
Possibly the airplane will land at a military airport.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:55 am

Other sources are reporting that Sok San's body will arrive at Phnom Penh International Airport at 5.04AM.

Meanwhile at the residence of Samdech Vibol Panha Sok An which is situated along Street 214 in Boeung Reang commune, Daun Penh district:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:45 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:01 am

Letter of condolences from Samdech Sar Kheng, Minister of Interior.

Return to “Cambodia in General”