No more (wedding) parties in the streets...

Anything related to Cambodia that doesn't fit anywhere else. Bring it on here!
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
No more (wedding) parties in the streets...

Postby Loy9 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:06 pm

... at least not in Chroy Changvar. A precedent?

According to

From today on no more wedding parties can be organized in the streets.
According to the letter, issued on December 15 2015 by the governor of Khan Chroy Changvar no more parties (weddings, funerals, ...) can be organized on National Road 6 and other major roads on the territory of Sangkat Chroy Changvar, Sangkat Prek Leap, Sangkat Bakhaeng in Khan Chroy Changvar, Phnom Penh.
It was noticed that organizing all kind of parties in the streets affected the beautiful landscape of the city and caused traffic congestions and led to traffic accidents.
The governor issued a letter to the people to stop organizing parties in the street and informed the chiefs of the 3 Sankats to stop this abuse immediately.
However, the letter only concerns Khan Chroy Changvar. The other Khans in Phnom Penh have no rules to organize parties in the streets.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Koon Kiwi
Handle with care.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: No more parties in the streets...

Postby Koon Kiwi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:34 pm

This is big news. Its traditional for these events. Will the married couple and relatives of the dead have to pay tea money now.?

Koon Khmer
Site Admin

Postby Koon Khmer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Koon Kiwi
Handle with care.

Postby Koon Kiwi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:23 pm

I don't have a problem with the events, It's the loud music from dawn till dusk most annoying. The last few weeks its every 2 times a week. Hopefully it wont be moved onto the pavements or inside the houses to avoid the rules :?

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:49 am

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm taking back my words...

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:58 am

From @HunSenseye on Twitter:

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:12 am

...to become the next Syria [sic].

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:06 am

Return to “Cambodia in General”