Meak Bochea

All aspects of Cambodia's rich history and culture. Share it with the other members!
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Meak Bochea

Postby Loy9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:00 pm

February 11 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magha_Puja

Meak Bochea Day commemorates the final sermon given by Buddha, in which he summarized the “heart of Buddhism” in three principles: ceasing from all evil, doing only what is good, and cleansing the mind. The group that assembled that day, around 2,500 years ago now, to hear him preach are sometimes called the “Fourfold Assembly” because of four factors that were in place: the 1,250 listeners were all “enlightened ones,” they were all ordained by Buddha himself, they came, according to the tradition, without being summoned, and it was a full moon in the month of Magha.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Meak Bochea

Postby Loy9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Re: Meak Bochea

Postby Loy9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Return to “Cambodia History&Culture”