Water Festival 2016

All aspects of Cambodia's rich history and culture. Share it with the other members!
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Water Festival 2016

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Night 2 (Phnom Penh)

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:37 pm

The aftermath (Siem Reap)

Royal Gardens

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Night 2 (Phnom Penh)

Thumbs DownIcon

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Ombok

Ak Ambok (Khmer: អកអំបុក, IPA: [ʔɑk ɑmboːk]) is named after the rice dish which forms part of the Bon Om Tuk ceremony. Rice is fried in the husk and then pounded with a giant pestle. The husks are removed and the special rice mixed with coconut and banana. This traditional Khmer dish is sold throughout the festival: Ak Ambok, Sampheah Preah Khae, and Bandaet Pratip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Om_Touk

Video

https://thmeythmey.com/?page=detail&ctype=article&id=46618&lg=kh

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Pigbagdog wrote:Image

Who's the woman with Monique?

Unfortunately I'm unable to come up with an answer at this time...
It wasn't mentioned in the comments too.
However I remember her face from somewhere.
Hopefully we'll find out at a later stage because I'd like to know the answer to that question too.

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Day 3 (Phnom Penh)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Day 3 (Phnom Penh)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 pm

Phnom Penh

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Day 2 (Siem Reap)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Day 2 (Siem Reap)

Return to “Cambodia History&Culture”