Police starts enforcing the new Traffic Law from 01/01/2016 onwards.

A good lawyer knows the law, a great lawyer knows the judge. Discuss it here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Police starts enforcing the new Traffic Law from 01/01/2016 onwards.

Postby Loy9 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:57 pm

According to :

Phnom Penh

As planned, from January 1 2016 onwards traffic police started fining drivers of vehicles according to the new Traffic Law. The fines range from 15.000riels up to 125.000riels.

In attached picture, as posted on Facebook, following items are mentioned:
-The amount of the fine (in Riels)
-A description of the traffic offense made
-The license plate of the vehicle
-The date of the traffic offense
-The name, title and signature of the police officer

The police set up a checkpoints along the main roads to and from Phnom Penh; for instance National Road 5 at Prek Pnov bridege.

Offenders are not allowed to pay directly at the checkpoint. They must pay the fine at the Inspectorate of the Traffic Police in the district, municipality or khan.

A prakas signed by the Minister of Interior and the Minister of Economy and Finance, dated December 29 2015, shows that if the offender doesn't pay the fine or doesn't lodge a complaint within 30 days after committing the offense the price of the fine will double. If he doesn't pay within 60days after committing the offense the price of the fine will triple. If not paying within 90 days the competent officer will make a case and submit it to the Prosecutor.

Please be informed that the new Traffic Law comes into force on January 1 2016. According to the new Traffic Law the drivers of a vehicle must carry following documents with them:
-driving license (permis)
-vehicle identification document (card gris)
-vehicle technical inspection papers (chiak)
-permission letter for transportation business (in case doing transportation business)

Fines will range between 15.000 and 125.000riels.

For driving without a driving license the police has no penalties (received) yet.

However, on January 1 2016 the Traffic Law went into force in Phnom Penh but the traffic police was not seen in their station or at the traffic lights to implement the (new) law.

January 1 is New Year's day, a national holiday, and the police doesn't work.

According to the Ministry of Interior in total 1750 people, divided into 172teams will be employed over the nation to enforce the Traffic Law.

According to a prakas signed by the Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of Economy and Finance on December 29 2015 70% of the fine will go to the officer who fined the offender. In addition, 4% will go to the national budget and 1% will go the Ministry of Economy Finance.

In the same prakas it was also announced that violations against article6, 7, 8 and 9 of the Traffic Law will be fined with penalties ranging between 15.000 and 125.000riels.

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9
The WIFI went down for 5min. so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

Re: Police starts enforcing the new Traffic Law from 01/01/2016 onwards.

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts are made to provide a translation, no liability and no responsibility are assumed by Loy9 for any errors, omissions, or ambiguities in the translations. (Link to the original Khmer article by PM.)

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:29 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:52 am

Loy9

Postby Loy9 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:28 am

Return to “Cambodia Law”